Over the Water

Hi everyone,

How is 2011 treating you so far? It's amazing that we're stepping into another decade. It will be a promising year ahead. I hope you had a good new year's eve, the greatest moment that you shared your first kiss of the year with your loved ones. I was so blessed to be with my family in Honolulu and saw two incredible fireworks over the world famous Waikiki beach (one was from our hotel, one was public.). It was an exciting scene here; the cheerful voices and the noise of the firecrackers lasted all night long. One local man told me that the new year eve in Honolulu and all of Hawaii for that matter is all about fireworks. It remind me of the new year celebration in my city when I was young. I'd like to share some pictures of Honolulu's fireworks which I captured.

This is a view of the city and the Waikiki beach from our room, about 2 hours before the new year eve. I already heard the crazy noise of the firecrackers from the beach. A taxi driver warned us it would be extremely crazy in the city.
The fireworks. The pictures didn't do it justice.
There were tons of people standing along the Waikiki beach. This picture was taken from our balcony. My camera was able to capture one part of the beach (or a small part of the city).
All THE VERY BEST for 2011 to you and your family!!! Kisses...Hanh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment