Where famous movies were Shot in Tusany

Movie Tours - Under The Tuscan Sun



I was intrigued by the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. Well, the movie is a bit cheesy, and undoubtly a "chick-flick", but the scenery was absoulutely gorgeous. I didn't know if it was actually filmed in Tuscany, so I did some reserch, and it was actually filmed around Pienza and Cortona, plus some scenes in Southern Italy.

So I decided to go check out some other movies filmed in Tuscany, and to my surprise I found a score of them. This is just a partial list: Under the Tuscan Sun, Tea with Mussolini, Life is Beautiful, The English Patient, The Agony and the Ecstasy, Midsummer Night's Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, My House in Umbria, Stealing Beauty (Io Ballo Da Sola), Romeo and Juliet (Parts), The Gladiator (Parts), Malena, Jhonny Stecchino, The Monster, A Room with A View, Farinelli Il Castrato, The Age of Medici.

When in Cortona I went to see the house that was restored in the movie. The house did not look that impressive, to tell you the truth, but the landscape from its windows was the best part. Not a single "modern times" noise would reach my ears, and the scent of nature was almost intimidating my "urbanized" nose. I soon begun to love the place and wanted to travel the whole area. So we rented some bikes, and we found the "under the Tuscan Sun Bike Tour" but we could not do it than and there as you have to subscribe in advance. But of course we did it at another time. I will talk about this in another blog, but for the moment let me give you some info: It lasts seven days and it is GORGEOUS! This is the Website: Under The Tuscan Sun Bike Tours.

Going back to our first tour in Cortona, the villa we were staying at, Villa Berna, was amazing in and out. From the infinity pool we could gaze at miles of Tuscan landscape.

So my idea was definitely a good one, and after this trip we are planning many others. After Under The Tuscan Sun we are planning to see and stay at the villa where The Gladiator was filmed (the dream scene). We'll see!


"under the Tuscan Sun Bike Tour"

Technorati Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment