Gelato! In Castellina in Chianti

Unforgettable Ice Cream





So I finally returned to Tuscany last Saturday, and this time I am going to stay for two weeks in Gaiole at wonderful Villa Gaiole! During my first time in Tuscany I had eaten an industrial quantity of ice cream. I thought I had found the best ever in San Gimignano, but today I have found the absolute best of the best! In Castellina in Chianti, just twenty kilometers from Siena on the old road that takes to Florence I found this artisan ice-cream "shoppe". Here at the "Antica Delizia" I have tried for the first time the best Pistaccio and Chocolate flavours. The Cream was gorgeous, too and I felt like trying each one of the fourty plus flavous. Simone and Chiara are very kind to their customers, and offer they offer you to try every flavour you would like to. They also speak English German and French fluently.



The next thing I am going to try are the gelato cakes that look absolutely F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S !!
The inside of the shop is really clean simple and modern, with nice old fashion benches where you could sit on and eat your icecream. The ice-cream shop is just few meters from the centre of Catellina in Chianti, which is also a very nice town to visit. The directions to the icecream shop are:
L' Antica Delizia, Via Fiorentina 4, Castellina in Chianti, Siena
Phone: +39 0577 741337. Closed on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment