Tuscany olive oil

How to choose your Olive Oil



I am not an olive oil expert, but I grew up in Tuscany and I have had olive oil during all my life with my meals. These are my notes. Good quality olive oil is available in Spain, Greece and many regions of Italy. In Italy you will find the best olive oil in Tuscany, Liguria and Umbria where each olive oil producer declares their oil to be the best. As I said before I am not an expert but Liguria olive oil is more appropriate to be eaten with fish while Tuscany's and Umbria' s olive oil is more appropriate for salads (because it is fatter and also more tasty). In Tuscany many of my friends produce olive oil (many people in Tuscany have few olive trees) and I also produce a little quantity of olive oil each year (50 liters aprox) and we do compete each year for the best Olive Oil. This year the winners have been Dominique and Francesca with their Olive oil from Maremma. If you are passing buy the Maremma region you can try to buy a little quantity of their wonderful olive oil: here you have their contact:

Terra Toscana S.r.l.

Casella postale 50

57027 San Vincenzo (LI), Italia

E-mail: information@toscana.com

url: www.toscana.com

No comments:

Post a Comment