CoCo Chanel and Igor Stravinsky

Two weeks ago my husband and I went to see the movie, CoCo Chanel and Igor Stravinsky. I was excited because it's something about mademoiselle Chanel, and my husband was excited because of Stravinsky, one of his favorite composers.
The film examines the relationship between designer Coco Chanel and composer Igor Stravinsky, two of the most influential and creative figures of the last century. Chanel is the aggressor in the short-lived affair of which little is known, that began in 1920, seven years after she attended the world premiere of Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring", as choreographed by Nijinsky and performed by the Ballets Russes. That notorious opening, May 29, 1913, at the Theatre des Champ-Elysees in Paris gathered storm clouds over the orchestra pit and shook the music world. The Audience was hissing and shouting at the stage. You are witnessing an audience's reaction to the coming of the 20th century. The rest of the film deals with the love affair of the two. It's an intense look at love, lust, passion and the heartbreak of his ill wife, Catherine. It's a 2009 French film directed by Jan Kounen, and has been showing in America theaters. I highly recommended that you see it with your partner. It's great!

This is what I wore for the movie: Madewell t-shirt, Alexander Wang shorts. It was so tempting to buy these shorts because it was on a great sale at Barneys online and they had only one left in my size.
I always bring light jacket or sweater with me when I go to see a movie because it's always cold in the theater. Junya Watanabe jacket was also on sale at Barneys.
To Garance Dore, this kind of short is to wear with flats and "don't try them with heels". As you know, I like to take risk and have fun with fashion. So, I went for heels; actually, Rodarte ankle boots. I'm petite enough to do it, I think. To be honest, I don't feel comfy to wear this kind of shorts to go out alone or go out with my girlfriends because I don't want to give a wrong message. But, I do feel comfy to wear them whenever I'm with my husband ;-)
I purchased this Chanel necklace when I was in Paris past April.
Thank you everyone for visiting and your comments!
Wishing you all a fabulous day!! kisses...Hanh ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment