Summer Salad

Although it's not summer yet, I am already yearning for watermelon. The other day I felt like I wanted something fresh like watermelon for dinner, so I ended up make this summer salad. As you know, in most of my cooking, I only like to follow a few recipes. Like my fashion creation, I like to create my own recipes because of its adventure and fun. Here is my summer salad recipe:

Ingredients: Here is my choice of fruits. You could replace or add more fruit that you love, or some green leaf vegetable such as arugula is perfect...I'm also thinking of adding dry fruit, such as dry cranberries and pine nuts.
  • 4 cups cube-cut watermelon.
  • 1 cup small cut oranges.
  • 2 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes.
  • A handful of chopped peppermint.
  • 2 avocados that you slice thinly.
  • Orange olive oil dressing: A mixture of 3 oz fresh quezzed orange juice, 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 young teaspoon sea-salt, 1 oz of balsamic vinaigrette.
Direction: Mix the dressing and all the the ingredients above together in a big bowl with a gentle mix (except the avocados). After mixing, put the avocados on top. It's ready to serve for 4-6 people. This is easy and quick to prepare. It is fresh and healthy. Enjoy!!
Have a wonderful day, everyone!!! xoxo...Hanh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment