Passing through Generation

This handmade handbag was my mom's bag when she was just 15 years old. It's a gift from her mom to her. I remember when I was a little girl I often asked my mom to take it out from her armoir for me to have a look at it. I adore its weaving details and its work. 60 years later, I'm very honored that she gave it to me, and I promised her to take care good at it and pass it to my children. What a priceless gift!!! Thank you mom for this!!!
Prada shoes-fall 06. 7 for all mankind jeans.
BCBG faux fur jacket. Oliver People sunglasses.
Antique Vases

When it comes to home decorating, my husband and I love anything antique. He especially adores Oriental antiques. Some of you have been requesting posts about our house. To be honest, I'm not ready for it yet. Instead, I would like to share with you some Oriental antique vases that we own.

The picture below is a solid bronze Japanese urn that we display at the entrance. It was made around the year 1800, and weighs about 60 pounds. We love its hand carved details.

The other side is different carving of animals, and on the sides are lion face handles.This is how the lion face looks.
We have a pair of this copper 19th century vase inlaid with colorful ceramic details that we display at formal living room. I love the two cow heads on the sides adding interest to the vase.
These Yingqing pottery vases are circa 960-1279 A.D, Song dynasty that we display at formal dining room. They're very fragile and they're getting thinner, the details are fading. The side that shows here is better condition.
This teapot is also Yingqing ware-Song dynasty, circa 960-1279 A.D. I love its shape.
The color of all vases and urn are more dull looking in person. When I took a picture of them, the lighting brings out their color.

Now time to announce the winner of this contest. Congratulations to...God Make Me Funky... the winner. I normally random pick a winner, but this time my big girl was the one draw the winner. I wore down all name tags. She closed her eyes, turned around 3 times and pick one name tag. She enjoys doing it, I'll do this way from now on.
Thank you everyone for continuing to support my site. Your comments mean a lot to me. I appreciate it as always.
Have a great day to you all!!!...Kisses...Hanh ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment