Bone Chaple Portugal// Alexander McQueen for Halloween

We've had a chance to visit a couple of cities in Portugal. But, in the Halloween spirit, I invite you to go to Evora and visit St. Francis Church where you will find the Capela dos Ossos, or Bone Chapel.
I remember exactly my feeling standing in the middle of Bone Chapel, looking around the walls, columns,and ceiling which are covered in human bones and skulls. It was creepy and scary. I got goosebumps and held my husband's hand for the whole time. I felt sick after that. Sad!!!!
The chapel was constructed back on the 16th century by Franciscan monks who wanted to remind men of their own mortality. No one knows who the bones belong to- apparently they were dug up from a local cemetery which was already old when the monks got to it with their shovels. The bones of about 5,000 people were used to make up the chapel. The chapel is not too far from the main plaza of Evora. These pictures do not do justice to the creepy feeling that I felt.
Inside the chapel. The walls, columns, ceiling which are covered in human bones and skulls.
Some bones fell off of the columns.

Are you ready for Halloween? It's one of the biggest holidays in America. I'm neutral about this
holiday, but my kids are excited and they want to decorate for Halloween this time. They already know what their costumes are. How about you?
Natalia Brilli bracelet, Disce Mori earrings.
Alexander McQueen ring.
The clutch of Anna dello Russo, credit to Garance Dore'.
Alexander McQueen fall 09, this look is perfect for Halloween..I think.
Wishing you all a fabulous day!!!
Thank you for reading, big hugs...Hanh;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment