The Byodo-In Temple, Kaneohe, O'ahu

Honolulu is our favorite city to visit whenever we come to Hawaii. In coming next post, I'll talk more about the city. I need more time to gather all the pictures of Honolulu. I'm excited about this.
We also have few favorite restaurants to visit everytime we're here; like Tokyo Tokyo at Kahala Hotel, Chef Mavro, Orchids and La Mer at Halekulani.
Last night was our first night here in Honolulu. And we went to Tokyo Tokyo restaurant for dinner. I wore Sari Gueron dress, Eddie Borgo necklace, Hardy shoes and the belt is from Barney's Co-0p.
I love the traps have metal wire on them.
The Byodo-In Temple
The Byodo-In Temple located at the foot of the 2,000 foot Ko'olau Mountains in the valley of the Temples Memorial Park in O'ahu Kaneohe Region. It was established on June 7, 1968 to commemorate the 100 years anniversary of the first Japanese immigrants to Hawaii. It was built entirely without the use of nails and it is a scale replica of a temple in Uji Japan built over 950 years ago. It's beautiful architecture, the graceful gardens with a spirit of inner peace and serenity.
It's a popular stop for tourists and has become more popular since it was used as a filming location in the first season of the ABC Emmy Award Winning drama series LOST, where it served as the home of the Korean woman Sun's powerful father.
My kids were busy feeding the fishes.
The small waterfall in the garden.
I hope all my fabulous fellow readers have a wonderful day!! love...Hanh ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment