Maui, I Miss You

Yesterday and today, we took a road trip to explore some more Maui. We visited Japanese Buddhist temple Jodo Mission, walked around Lahaina town. We also showed the kid Maui Ocean Center. The kids love it and enjoyed their journey. Then, we drove to lava flow and Big beach in Wailea. Next to Big beach is Small beach which we didn't visit because it's a nude beach.
We're leaving Maui tomorrow for Honolulu and we'll miss it :-(. But we had awesome time here. The weather has been perfect. We're lucky that the hurricane didn't hit hard, just heavy rain on Tuesday's night. Hopefully, we'll come back sometime to visit Maui again.
Unicorn fish is well known to Hawaiians as Kala.
The islet in the picture is Molokini, it has 80F degree turquoise waters and exotic marine life around. Molokini's waters are so crystal clear and it's best place for snorkeling. To bad, we didn't make plan for it because my kids are not ready for it yet. We maybe explore it next time when they're ready.
On the way to lava flow.
The sand of the Big beach.
Outfits in Maui
I wore this outfit on the first night when we got here. As you see, I still didn't get tan yet. I wore Free People top, Balanciaga skirt, Ysl pumps, F21 necklace.
This F21 dress is perfect for island's lifestyle. I wore it couple nights ago for casual night out with my family. Earring and cuffs are also from F21 and Target.
NK, one of the my readers from Brunei asked me that " How many shoes and clothes have I brought with me when I'm traveling?". Well, when it comes to travel, it's better to travel light. On this trip, 17 days, from Dallas to Portland to Hawaii, I've brought with me 2 pairs of shoe, 1 flip flop, few nice dressy outfits, couple of shorts and tanks. The whole family, 4 of us, we have 1 standard and 1 small suitcase. When I travel, I like bring things that can mix and match, so I don't have to bring many clothes but still have many outfits to change. And it's ok to repeat the outfits...I think.

I wish everyone have a fabulous weekend with your family and friends!!!! kisses...from Hanh ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment