Aztec Mexican Dance

The dancers with my two sweet girls.

Once I was in Cancun, Mexico and got a chance to see the Aztec fire dance. It is quite a dance, the mask, the costumes, the music are so native to Mexican culture. I really obsess with any native country costumes because of its character and cultural influence.

The Aztec Fire Dance is one of the most basic manifestations of the artistic and cultural spirit of the people of Mexico. It has been referred to as a form of prayer and a total way of life and communication.

The costumes are made of colorful embroidered cloth and animal skins often adorned with polished stones or mirrors and accessories made of shells or seed pods. Most impressive are the headdresses, made of feathers of pheasants, eagles or other birds.

The chants and movements are strung together with the sound of beating the drum made of wood and gourds tensed with animal skin, or the tongued hollow log drum, with its rich spirit touching vibrations. Blowing shells and playing along with reed and clay flutes, tambourines and rattles made of shells and seeds create a very unique native sound. Seed pods and metal bells are also worn around the ankles of the dancers and serve as instruments, sounding with every step of their dance .


Summer leather

Who would wear leather for summer? it's too hot. But when I saw this top sometime ago, I thought this one would be ok to wear it in summer ;-). It is sleeveless. In addition, the back of it is 100% stretch thin cotton, the front is cut-out, thin and extremely soft leather material. I love its texture, interesting, unique cut and it's kind of like a modern cave-man outfit. This outfit is perfect for a wild night date with my husband. And I'm definitely wearing this top throught fall/winter with grey turtle neck underneath. I wore it with Alexander McQueen legging, Balmain boots.

Tiger face vintage cuff.

The back of the top is 100% stretched thin cotton.

Close-up front. It's written on the top "Open your mind-Love Peace- Share Spirit". This top is made by Share Spirit. Do you see a skull above "Love Peace"?. The necklace is Mellisa Joy Manning.

Wish you all have a lovely and peaceful day!!! big hugs....Hanh ;-)

Ps: From the last posts, I had on Rouge Allure -Imagination pink lip stick Chanel and orange lip was a mix of Imagination pink lip stick underneath orange Heat Wave NARS. I also just bought leather strings to plan to make a necklace and I hope it'll come out good. So, I would share with you sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment