The Skirt

I wore Tao by CdG top over F21 tank, DIY skirt, MMMargiela cow boy boots.
I made this skirt sometime long ago. Every time, I wear it and I need three pins to make it happen. I just need to add buttons but I never do for some reason. I never have sewing lesson but I love to sew and sometimes make clothing for me and my kids. I just do it. Anyway, this is the direction. This skirt has two layers and three sheer pieces of fabric.

The first inside layer needs 1 and 1/2 yards ( it depends on your waist if it needs more or less fabric). You measure your length and cut unnecessary fabric away ( make sure you have some fabric for a hem). You gather fabric at your waist like in the pic. At the seam, do not sew all the way up, and leave a few inches open, so you can add buttons and it can go through your hip.
The second layer is the outer layer. You need about 2 and 1/2 yards ( again, it depends on your waist and fullness of the skirt to tell if you need more or less fabric). For me, I fold fabric three times. Then gather at the waist line. This layer does not need to go all around like in the pic.
For the third piece of fabric, you need 1 and 1/2 yards. You fold it two times. This time, you gather two ends of the length. Now, you sew one end into the front waist of the outer layer, as you see the outer layer in the pic above, and the other end into back waist of the outer layer to complete your waist line. You need buttons here to attach it together at the waist. This piece hangs like in the pic.
Now, it needs another button to attach it into your waist line.
The skirt.
You could wear it with belt.
I hope my directions make sense and the pictures will help. Wishing you all have a fantastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment