Great Design

JEAN-MICHEL OTHONEIL.
The sculpture in this photo was taken on my Paris trip at Palais Royal, near the Rick Owens store. I took this because it 's unusual and beautiful. When I got back home, my husband looked through the Architectural Digest Magazine's May 2008 issue and saw this sculpture in there. We were both in awe... and that's when we learned it is the work of artist Jean-Michel Othoniel. He is a contemporary French artist born in 1964 in Saint Etienne (France).
This is photo in the Architectural Digest magazine. There are two sets to this sculpture, one represents day and the other is for night. It is made of glass beads, coloured and threaded on an aluminum structure. His work has unusual, sensual beauties and subversive sweetness. This sculpture is a entrance for the Palais Royal Metro station in Paris.

Jean-Michel Othoneil.

COMME de GARCONS.
Don't you think this Comme de Garcons t-shirt has an interesting print? The print is like a contemporary painting and reminded me of Picasso. I asked my kids what it looked like; they said "It looks like crazy city with crazy people, has odd flowers and a hot sun". What do you think? This season, I'm very much into Comme de Garcons. Each piece is art, has its own character and unusual design. This great design asks for time to grow in love with it. You may not like it at first, but admiration grows and eventually it turns into love.

Comme de Garcons sheer skirt. I love it because its sheer material, and has mysteries look. I can see me wearing it with back top, Rick Owens jacket, The Row leather legging for fall/winter season. It's a versatile piece.


Rick Owens shoes.
Wishing you all a beautiful day!!!!xoxo...Hanh.

No comments:

Post a Comment